Great values in beer is the topic, and just to cut to the chase, here’s the dollar-stretching sixpack:
- Spaten Optimator
- Monk’s Cafe Flemish Sour Red Ale
- Bear Republic Racer 5
- Saranac Black and Tan
- Troegs Sunshine Pils
- Gaffel Kolsch (or, even cheaper, PBC Kenzinger)
Having taken a shot at the Jersey beer scene a few weeks ago, this week’s column also points out the savings on the other side of the Tacony-Palmyra. It may be a beer bar wasteland, but South Jersey is the place to go for cheap singles and sixpacks. Here’s some of my favorite takeout stores:
- Joe Canal’s (many locations, including Hammonton, Marlton, Wiliamstown, Delran, Hamilton Twp.)
- Monster Beverage, 1299 N. Delsea Dr., Glassboro.
- Red White and Brew, 33 High St., Mount Holly.
- Total Wine, 2100 Rt. 38 (Cherry Hill Mall).
- Super Saver, 222 Rt. 31 N, Pennington.
- Circle Liquors, Somers Point.